Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sept. Blog Hop - anything but a card!!!






Sept Blog Hop over at Paper Wings is anything but a card, how much fun is that. Sit back and enjoy all the inspiration for projects other than cards that you can use your stamps and beautiful papers to make. For my projects I made a votive screen using vellum and a "must have" stamp set - Spiders are Seen. I used the chandelier with the cob webs and spiders which was just perfect for this quick and easy project. I cut 2 pieces of vellum 3" by 7" stamped my image and embossed in black on one sheet then held together with glitter brads. I showed the image with the candle lit and I think it is just the spooky for Halloween. Again using a votive (from my local WM)a box of 12 for under $10. I stamped the little frog with the witches hat colored with copics, fussy cut and then using scor-pal tape applied both the patterned ribbon and image. Isn't it the cutest and not at all spooky. For my last project - another quick one I took a piece of 6' x 7 1/2" double sided paper scored it on the 6" side at 2" and 4" then between the 2" and 4" scorline on 1 end cut down 1 1/2 inches on one end. Rounded the corners, taped the sides and bottom together crimped a little at the bottom. Decorated with a retired set - All Seasons Swirls witches hat on punched circles. Found the pencils at local Dollar Tree - 12 for 1.00 and great treats. you could also put pixie sticks or ind. wrapped licorice pieces. I'm sending these to my grandchildren and my little chemoangel boy. Now enjoy the others projects.
Rita
Angela
Lisa
Seleise
Carol
Michelle
Chelsea

13 comments:

Lisadwb said...

You really went all out!! The pencil holders are fun. Such a cute little gift. LOL- the frog under the witch's hat is too cute, and not one bit spooky. Nice job on the Votive screen, that stamp works perfect on it.

AmethystCat said...

These are sooo cute! the pencil pouch is a super idea! Love how you used the halloween stamps! The frog is beyond adorable and the projects are so creative!

Chelsea said...

cute cute cute ... love those ideas!

Patti J said...

I just can't pick a favorite! I still think I love the chandelier best, but maybe not... they are all wonderful projects! So happy you shared! Hope you had a good visit - all is well at your house - even demon cat was happy to see me! I gave her some treats - hope you don't mind!

Unknown said...

I haven't seen a votive boat in ages and I just love yours!! The chandelier is so cool with it! And the pencil holders, adorable!

Michelle said...

Absolutely wonderful projects!! LOVE them all - so cool!!

Trudy Osborn said...

Simply incredible projects! I love the votive, the little frog's eyes are just too cute!

Cindy said...

So cute! I love the little frog!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hi Shirley. This is such a cute candle shade. Very clever! I hope you are having a blessed week!

Laurie Unger said...

Great projects! All of them are super cute!

Betty said...

Love the little pencil treats...may have to copy those for my granddaughter's class. thanks!

kssdesigns said...

Darling Halloween projects. I especially love the luminary!!

Teresa Jenkins said...

Love them all! that votive screen is so neat and your frog wrap is adorable!