Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Going Green


This week over at The Angel Company Savvy Blog there is a "Going Green" creative selection. We could either re-purpose something or make something green. I choose to do both although my photo did not turn out very well, think it was my lighting, but I took a small lunch box size can of diced fruit, and opened the bottom lid with the can opener (Pampered Chef has a very nice one), which does not leave any sharp edges. Rinsed the can and let air dry then covered the can with a strip of green DP from Lilly Anna then Easter popped in my mind as I wanted to fill it with treats to send my Chemo angel patient so I colored the cute little bunny from I Love Easter (notice her cute little pink flocked tail). I used some pop dots and put her on the can, on the top I used a tag from the DP and stamped for somebunny special and tied some bright scrappers floss around the pull tap and tag. I filled with some wrapped (we can't send homemade or loose unwrapped candy like jelly beans) candies and glued the bottom back on the can. These are so easy and fun to make and I am hoping it will put a smile on her face when she gets her Easter box.

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love these cans. Perfect "green" project!

Patti J said...

Cute, cute!!! Love it! She will think this is so special!!!

Debra Miller said...

What a neat idea - and fun surprise.

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Great idea, and very cute! Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Adorable! I've seen others use cans like these but I haven't tried it yet....

Holly said...

GREAT idea!!!

Sonia said...

Shirley look your idea... Thanks for sharing Great job.
-Sony

kssdesigns said...

Love this idea and that bunny is the cutest! How nice you have Patti so close to you! Isn't it the best to have a stamping buddy in driving distance!

AmethystCat said...

what an adorable project and I'm sure it will give her a great big smile!!! You're truly an angel!