Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Calendar 2015


Every year one of my first projects of January is to make this flip calendar.  This year I didn't get to them quite as quickly as I should have but life gets in the way sometimes.  I print out my 12 month calendar, choose designer paper - in this case I use papers from an old DCWV paper pack from Archivers that I love and wish you could still get.  Stamped my trees (old old set from SU) on white cs, colored and punched with my circle punch (glad I kept my punches) then choose a Spellbinders die that the circle would fit on and glued that on the black.  The sentiment is perfect for this type of project as it had all four seasons so I use it quite often (it is from TAC which is no longer in business).   Mount it all on a half sheet of black cs, using both sides.  Tie with black/white ribbon and when the first 6 months are completed untie ribbon, flip and retie the ribbon so the last six months are on the outside.
I sent two of these to my chemo buddies this week as well as one to my daughter for her desk at work, every year she always asks me if I am going to make the calendars again this year.  Well the answer is "of course"
     Challenges:  Whoopsi Daisy - anything goes
                          Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
                          Simply Create Too - celebrate - (celebrate the new year)

2 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Shirley, I absolutely adore making calenders so I am very interested in yours. This looks so crisp and beautifully made and I love the images you have chosen and the sentiments. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT. xx

loz said...

This is fantastic Shirley. such a lot of work has gone into these beauties..Loz