Friday, March 17, 2017

March 17, 2017 Dragonfly card



My friend Sally - who is also a SU demonstrator has started a Cup and a Card at one of our local coffee houses here in town.  We meet every other Tuesday, buy a coffee - and make a card for a nominal fee.  Fun, friendship, ideas, and good coffee.  This week we colored as SU has new coloring pages so Sally cut them up into 4 inch squares and away we went coloring.  I used SU inks and a blender pen.  But my favorite part is the dragon fly - love love love him and Sally had them all die cut for us.  Then some silver thread for accent - which I have trouble getting it to look right, but I don't think there is a right or wrong with this fine thread, it certainly has a mind of its own.  Isn't it pretty???

5 comments:

Donna said...

This is stunning Shirley, beautiful coloring and that dragonfly is fabulous.

Cheryl W said...

Gorgeous card! Your coffee and cardmaking event sounds like fun. Wish I knew more cardmakers close to me, and I'd suggest one here, too. Every other week sounds like the perfect frequency.

loz said...

Beautiful card Shirley..Loz

Patti J said...

It's gorgeous, and I'm looking forward to our next cuppa! Will post mine soon 😉

STAMPING SAM said...

Thanks for sharing your talents with me and the other ladies. I learn so much and get inspired by stamping with everyone at A Cuppa and A Card! :)