Wednesday, August 30, 2017

August 30, 2017 Sketch Inspiration




This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge was to follow the top sketch.  I was truly a bit challenged on this one but finally got it to all work out.  I guess I was in the "pre" Christmas mood as I used 413H Let Heaven and
2008K Shepherd Boy found here.  I colored this sweet stamp with copic markers and then sponged in the sky with some distress inks.  I used a variety of DPs that I had in my Christmas and general stash of papers and followed the sketch.  I had some cute little star sequins so added them in the sky.  What a fun card to make and I am one up on my Christmas cards.  



Now it is your turn to your turn to make a card using the challenge of Sketch Challenge. The possibilities are endless for this challenge so hope to see lots of entries. 
You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice in the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discount coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now - take a look at what our design team has made to get you started.
  Cheri     Deonna      Joy     Donna   Heather  Laurie   and   Patti

9 comments:

Donna said...

This made me gasp out loud absolutely gorgeous! This stamp is so fun to create with.

Diane said...

Great card! I love your interpretation of the sketch, and the coloring is beautiful. It is a sweet Christmas card.

Pam Sparks said...

What a sweet image Shirley! Love your card!

Laurie Unger said...

Love the sponged sky in the back ground - subtle and sweet. Great job with the sketch.

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Shirley, this is perfect! Love your choice of stamps, your coloring, and those teeny stars are adorable. Great take on the sketch, dear friend! Hugs...!

loz said...

Beautiful card and sponged sky Shirley..Loz

Cheryl W. said...

Sweet Christmas card. I really need to get some made, too.

Cheri said...

Shirley this is so adorable! I'm not ready yet to make Christmas cards, but this is getting me in the mood. Wonderful take on the sketch!

Heather said...

Adorable! This is one of my favorite RI stamps! Love your fabulous inked background, and the stars are the perfect addition.