Wednesday, September 06, 2017

September 6,2017 DC Pick - Sympathy



This week it was my week to pick the challenge of the week - which we call designer choice challenge and I choose Sympathy.  I know this is a challenging card to makes - especially under stress when we usually need them.  I am anxious to see what my team mates made for this challenge as I need ideas.


I choose to use 2908I Shade of the Elm and 4205F Deepest Sympathy as I thought it captured a chair under a beautiful tree but no one in the chair.  I colored my cut piece with distress oxides and then splattered with some water drops.  Cut out with two Spellbinders mats and mounted this on some blue cs that I had run through the embossing folder of clouds. 

 Now it is your turn to your turn to make a card using the challenge of Sympathy. The possibilities are endless for this challenge so hope to see lots of entries. 
You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice in the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discount coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now - take a look at what our design team has made to get you started.
  Cheri     Deonna      Joy     Donna   Heather  Laurie   and   Patti

8 comments:

Diane said...

Perfect Sympathy card! Love the choice of colors. Very serene card. Great job!

Pam Sparks said...

Pretty ink blending and silhouette Shirley! Wish we never needed sympathy cards but I need some in my stash!

loz said...

Sooo Beautiful Shirley..Loz

Heather said...

So sweet and serene. Love the colors and the symbolic use of the empty chair (though it makes me a bit sad.). Great challenge!

Laurie Unger said...

what a wonderful sympathy card - thanks for the challenge, unfortunately, I had to use mine already.

Donna said...

What a gorgeous and peaceful card, perfect for your challenge!

Patti J said...

Shirley, this was a good challenge - I never have enough sympathy cards, it seems. Your card is so pretty. The little scene is so peaceful and serene. Love it!

Cheryl W. said...

This is a lovely sympathy card, Shirley. The tree with the empty chair is such a poignant image. I'm certain it will bring comfort to the recipient.