Wednesday, January 16, 2019

January 16, 2019 Inspiration Photo Challenge



This week  over at The House that Stamps Built, our challenge is a photo challenge - and when I saw it I was stumped for oh maybe a minute.  It certainly has a holiday/New Year Feel to it but I am sending this to grand daughter who is facing finals next week and is totally stressed out. 

I die cut a set of stars out of a champagne colored shimmer cardstock - then I mounted them on a kraft and gold star cardstock that I had in my stash.  I really thought all it needed was the sentiment 3105E Reach for which I embossed in rich gold embossing powder.  I added some tiny gold star gems around the sentiment.  So I went to address the envelope and I thought why not dress up the envelope a bit as well, so using 2106G Star Cluster I embossed the Kraft envelope with gold stars which added just a bit of a fun touch. 

   Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge inspiration photo  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

 

11 comments:

joy said...

What an encouraging card for your grand daughter- hope she does well. Great idea for meeting the challenge!

Esther Asbury said...

I love those die cut stars and your creative layout! Extra fun that you made a matching envelope!

Donna said...

What a great take on the inspiration photo, and a matching envelope too! Your granddaughter will be thrilled!

*Vicki* said...

What a great idea to send an encouraging card to your GD!! Love that idea and I love what you have done with this challenge! The star frames in different sizes along with the layout and star papers really make this shine! Great take on the challenge! Looking forward to using some of the new stamps that I got! :) HUGS

Laurie Unger said...

Wow! This is stunning Shirley. Great job on this CAS card and I also love the envelope design! Awesome job!

Darnell said...

I really love this design, Shirley!! And so will your stressed-out granddaughter! You're a good grandma to send her happy mail! Hugs, Darnell

Patti J said...

Beautifully done! You're a real rock star - rocked this challenge to the stars and back!!!

Heather said...

Fabulous card! I love those die cut stars; so fun!

loz said...

Gorgeous take on the challenge Shirley..loz

Cheryl W said...

Really love this one! I think stars are like glitter - you can't have too much when it comes to cardmaking!!

Cheri said...

What a thoughtful card for your granddaughter, Shirley! I loved this idea and your design is perfect! The addition of the envelop just knocks it out of the park!!!