Wednesday, March 06, 2019

March 6, 2019 Spring

This week - OMG the first week of March - where have the last two moths gone.  This week at The House that Stamps Built our designer choice is by Joy - and she choose Easter or Spring as our challenge.  I choose to go with Spring.
As most of you know I am a chemo angel and I am always looking for ideas for handmade gifties I can send my chemo buddy so I decided to make a "tumbled tile" - which I first did many years at a stamping convention.  I was looking for my magnets and I opened my closet door and there sat 3 blank tumbled tile - BINGO I knew what I was going to do for this challenge as well as a gift for my sweet chemo buddy.  I used 904L Daffodils and 1301F Happy Spring for my spring challenge.  I stamped the image and sentiment in Staz-On ink - let it dry and then used my heat gun to make sure it was really good and dry.  I then colored the image with Fabrico markers which I have had literally for years.  I think you can use sharpie markers too.  DO NOT USE COPIC MARKERS as it will ruin your copic marker as Staz-On is a solvent ink.  I cut my Happy Spring apart so I could get it to fit.  I then put it in the oven at low heat for an hour to make sure the colors were set.  Easy Peasy - and ready to go to my special lady.  I used an easel to display mine but you can also ut some felt feet on the bottom and use it as a coaster.

Short story if you have time, my husband used to do craft shows - several years ago.  His specialty was homemade peanut brittle and mine was stamping.  I did the tumbled tiles and sold in  set of four, as well as stamping on dominoes and coloring them.  Mister sold at least 200 pounds of peanut brittle (yes it is amazing) and I always did very well with my stamped items.  But it is so much work and preparation that we have not done it for several years.  Hubby still sells peanut brittle (word of mouth) and this year he sold 250 pounds - now that is a LOT of peanut brittle. 

  Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Easter or Spring  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

9 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a sweet gift for your chemo buddy... so cheerful and beautiful! I love it!

Darnell said...

I remember tumbled tiles and love them. Your sweet daffodils were an excellent choice for your spring tile, Shirley! It's so pretty! But mostly I want to live close to you because peanut brittle is a real weakness of mine!! Hugs, Darnell

Donna said...

This turned out fabulous, your chemo buddy will be thrilled! Your coloring is beautiful, the daffodils are one of my many favorites!

*Vicki* said...

This is really gorgeous with your floral image on the tile!! I have made these myself, but not very many of them!! Oh yes, those craft shows!! They do tend to wear you out!! LOL!! I think I'd rather just do it from home like your hubby's gig!! :) That's a TON of peanut brittle!! WOW!! Take care friend!! HUGS

Cheri said...

Shirley, this is fantastic!!!! I haven't stamped on a tubled tile in years and you've inspired me to do it. I loved your story about your hubby's peanut brittle business and your tile business...lot of work, but rewarding when you're making so many people happy!

loz said...

WOW!! It is so gorgeous Shirley. And such a beautiful gift for your chemo angel..I never knew that you could not use copics with stazon ink.. Thanks for the info..loz

Cheryl W said...

That's such a wonderful gift for your chemo buddy. Loved the story of your DH's peanut brittle and your tile and domino crafts. What fun memories, and it must have been very satisfying to sell so much to others. Just think, your items may still be in use somewhere!

Laurie Unger said...

Perfect gift! This turned out wonderful. I have one that I did when I first started stamping that I use every day still!

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! And what a great little gift for your special friend!