Wednesday, July 22, 2020

July 22, 2020 Anything Goes



This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is Anything Goes - I have had this colored for quite some time - and then decided to send it to my son-in-law for Fathers Day.  And yes there is a story behind the ducks.  So I used 2906-I Bottoms Up and paired it with 1138-E Father's Day   I sponged the background and put a setting sun in the right hand corner.  I colored the portion of the ducks that were visible in "duck colors".  The son-in-law was pleased with his Father's Day card.

Challenges:
     Crafter's Cafe - Masculine
     Gem of a Challenge - ATG
     Timeout Challenge - peaceful
     MYNBUS - never before used - ducks

   



Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Anything Goes So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Anything Goes -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti.

16 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun little ducky scene you've create -- perfect for a masculine card! I love the colors in your sky!

Donna said...

What a stunning scene, great job on the sponging!I'm sure your SIL loved it!

Carol L said...

This is such a fun card! I have that stamp of the duck's bottoms and need to pull it out and use it again soon after seeing this one! You created such a great scene here for a father's day card!

Darnell said...

What a super fun card for your SIL for Father's Day, Shirley! Your blended background scene is beautiful! Whenever I've see this, I take a ton of photos of the little duck bottoms bobbing in the water. It karacks me up every time I visit the Midwest! Usually when I've see three butts are up, a couple of them are down, so I'd like to know what goodies they found under the water for ALL of them to go bottom's up!!

Thanks for the visit and for making me jealous that you went to Cracker Barrel! :( It's a favorite activity of mine when I am lucky to be where one is located. Not only is the food good, but I love the store! I'm not surprised that they aren't going to carry Halloween considering, you know, who touched what and all that crowding by the front door. This is just becoming more and more 'the lost year of 2020' when it comes to usual activities, but it's hard to complain when so many people have died. Still, I do feel so sorry for kids of all ages. Hang in there and take care! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

Lovely colors and what a fun masculine design.

Hugs Diane

Heather said...

So fun and such a pretty background!

Cheryl W said...

Great masculine card! Those "bottoms up" ducks make a super fun image for a guy. Somehow, I think they can relate to that position. he he

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! Love the duck bottoms - this made me smile out loud! Thanks for sharing!!!

Laurie Unger said...

Awe - ducky butts. This is so cute! Wonderful color blending.

Joyce said...

What a peaceful scene you created. So very sweet. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

sandie said...

This is a lovely peaceful scene. Your sponging is perfect and blends so well. Love the placement of the sentiment and I can see why he loved this card! Thanks for joining Time Out x

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow your blended background here looks really pretty with these colors and it's the perfect backdrops for your duck bottoms in a row there! LOL! Fabulous and fun masculine card my friend! HUGS

loz said...

Gorgeous card and coloured scene Shirley..Loz

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Great card. Thank you for play with us at Gen of a Craft Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry.

Billie A said...

Very pretty fathers day card. I like the colors and scene. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

Gerrina said...

A serene card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!