Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Anything Goes

 This week over at The House that Stamps Built it is the 4th Wednesday in the month - and that means Anything Goes.  I choose to do a spring card:


Last year I got kites for the grand kids and they loved them so I thought I would go with a spring theme for my anything goes 

 I used 4511-I Kite  and for my sentiment I used 1301-F Happy Spring which I cut apart and stacked the words. 

I had a very unique and fun cloud stencil which I used to make the clouds in various shades of blue.  The kites were stamped and then paper pieced with the same plaid paper I used in my background.  Plaid is "in" this year and this plaid was from a pad of All Seasons paper.  I left it very simple as I like the layout and the kites really stood out.  

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Anything Goes So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do  you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. using the challenge of  Anything 
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Lauri  and Patti.  

6 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous spring scene! Beautiful clouds and like the plaid background and how you also used it on the kites!

loz said...

Fabulous kit card and I Love the clouds Shirley..Loz

Cheryl W said...

Wow! Those clouds look amazing! And your little kites are so cute. I remember making kites when I was a child, using tissue paper, balsa wood strips for the frame and string, of course. I don't think they ever stayed up in the air for long; they were pretty roughly made.

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful spring sky scene! I just love that stencil! Awesome job!

Patti J said...

Well, isn't this just the cutest! I remember those kites, because someone (who shall remain nameless) had to run out and get some for her grandkids too!!! Great card, Shirley!!!

Heather said...

This is sooooo fun!!! I love the plaid background and I LOVE your pieced kites!!