Thursday, July 21, 2022

Hello Summer/Flamingo

 Oh talk about hot - I think we are going to top 100 today - staying inside this afternoon. 

This week for my female chemo buddies I made "Flamingo" cards as I was sending them as my giftie a flamingo tea towel/or socks with flamingo.  I try to coordinate a card to go along with the giftie I send them weekly.  I don't always succeed but it is fun to find a image to match the gift I send them.  For my women it is easy - but for my man - well that is a bit harder to come up with.  I usually don't make many masculine cards - but I have made a few and I keep those in a separate folder.  I have a 16 year old chemo buddy - male and a 75 year old male senior buddy. I have been doing this for well over 15+ years and I get so much happiness in my heart.  This week here are the cards I send my female buddies.  


 


I made these cards with an older set from Amuse Studio - (from TAC I went with The Amuse Company a direct sales), and I have kept several of the stamps that I acquired as a demonstrator.  I am currently a Stampin Up demonstrator - and yes I am my best customer.  Lets just call it like it is - I LOVE rubber stamps.  
I especially love the stamps that have the dies that can be purchased separately but I don't limit myself to just SU.  I make a lot of my own gifties to send to my chemo/senior buddies - always looking for that special little something to include in their weekly note and card.  I currently have a female buddy and I made her 6 thank you cards - with envelopes including the stamp that she can use to send out for her personal use. 
Stay inside where it is cool - this too will pass!!!


  

6 comments:

Patti J said...

These are so much fun! I guess I didn’t know you had flamingo’s! Hmmm…what else are you keeping hidden away from me? Great job on each card, your ladies will be tickled!

Donna said...

What fabulous cards, like those lovely papers on the first, great ink blending on the second one (this may be my favorite) and great design and sentiment on the third! Your chemo buddies are so blessed to have you dear friend.

*Vicki* said...

These flamingos are all darling in their own way for each design! The papers on the top card are so pretty and of course the blending on the second one looks amazing, but I think I fell in love with that bottom dotted flamingo and that darling quote with it! Nicely done and very nice for your chemo buddies!

loz said...

FABulous Flamingo cards Shirley..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

These are lovely and I'm sure your chemo ladies will love them. I like your gift matching idea too. Awesome job. Stay inside, be safe and try to stay cool.

Cheryl W said...

Once again, I'm very late in getting my comments in (blame Bloglovin'!). These cards are awesome, and I was so impressed at how much effort you put in to coordinating your cards with the gifts you send to your chemo buddies. You are such a good soul!