Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Season of Thanks

 Where oh where does the time go - being retired I should have more time but that is not the way it works.  But I did get some time to work on a few fall cards over the weekend.  




Both of these cards used "retired" SU sets - but...I usually keep most of my stamps even if they are retired or non longer available.  I love the first card with the variety of colors on the plaid DP.  On my second card I used two different leaf dies - no stamping except for the sentiment.  I matched the leaf colors with the fill in under the leaves and then a small twine bow.  Easy easy.  

I send out a lot of fall/Thanksgiving cards so I think I finally have enough for this year.  I love making fall cards - and our leaves in the woods behind our house are turning such pretty colors. 


 We live on top of a hill - and coming up the road into our subdivision is so pretty right now.  Love what Mother Nature does this time of the year.  What a beautiful picture she paints. 

7 comments:

Danni said...

Those are both such wonderful cards!

Donna said...

Such gorgeous fall cards and the picture is beautiful, great colors and it will be getting even better!

*Vicki* said...

Your Fall cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the images and colors from both of them along with the sentiments! Your photo is just stunning with the nature in it's full vivid colors! I love this time of year too! Great idea to send out cards in the Fall!

Patti J said...

These cards are so pretty, and even prettier in real life! Glad to see them on your blog! Hugs…

loz said...

Gorgeous fall cards and the photo at the bottom is gorgeous Shirley...Loz

Cheryl W said...

Your cards are so pretty with their warm fall colors. I love fall, too. We have lots of Maple trees in our part of town, and they are just gorgeous right now. It really is one of my favorite times of the year. Those colors inspire all of us cardmakers, I think!

Laurie Unger said...

What wonderful fall cards, Shirley.