Sunday, June 11, 2023

Craft Shadow Box

 Below is a picture of our latest shadowbox squares - the theme for this one was - crafting. Such a great swap this one was - (as they have all been).  There are really no two alike - we have quilting, crocheting (with hand drawn hands and a real crocheted piece), stamping, painting, scrapbooking, friends getting together to craft, sewing, and little mice crafting - that has a really cute play on words.  



Zoom in to see all the great detail on each swap squares.  I bought a separate shadow box from Hobby Lobby - (they run them 1/2 price just about every 2 weeks).  I wanted this one to stay in my craft studio.  Hmmm that means something has to come down off the wall to make room for the shadow box.  Then will get hubs to hang it for me so it will be straight.  

I'm hoping this is not the last one we will do - as these have been so much fun - we have all four seasons and Christmas.  Open for suggestions - I thought maybe outdoor activities, healthy squares, (not so much), favorite technique.  

We have had a great group participating in these swaps - one from Canada, one from out of the state of MO. one from St. Louis MO., the rest being local girls.  You just never know where this hobby will lead you.  LOL

8 comments:

Cheryl W said...

All the entries are so unique and beautiful! You could continue making them using other themes, like specific colors, pets/animals, humor, outdoor scenes, indoor scenes, plants/flowers, children/babies, etc.

Donna said...

These are all so awesome, great to be a part of this swap. I'm waiting for one square still.

*Vicki* said...

Yay! So glad to see you've got them all put together here and I absolutely LOVE it! I can't wait to get my last square in so I can get this hung up in my room too! I agree, this has been such fun and I hope we can join again too!!

loz said...

Fantastic squares and shadow box Shirley...Loz

Laurie Unger said...

This is wonderful. What a great idea.

Patti J said...

This was a favorite for me! Loved the variety, and creativity that the ladies all shared!

Laurie Unger said...

You ladies are so creative - what an awesome job and love all the craftiness that went into this shadow box.

Laurie Unger said...

This turned out so cute. Each square is so creative.