Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Background Soup


This technique was featured in the Aug./Sept issue of Technique Junkie called the pinwheel. First of all this was so much fun to play with and second I got to use some stamps from a new set in this years Inspiration catalogue called Background Soup. I used our Navy Cardstock which I love and Palette ink Starry Night which matched pretty well. After alternating the patterns in the pinwheel I needed something in the middle (TJ suggested a big brad or flower etc.) but I used a stamp from another new set Damask Backgrounder, stamped and punched with our Marvy punch and then mounted on another circle from Navy. Just a bit of blind in the center, a Happy Birthday and a bit of "scor-Buddy work on the bottom of the card. Can't wait to play some mroe with this technique using some of our new patterned paper. Go check out Carol's blog post from August 12 to see the pattern papers using this same technique.

6 comments:

Angela K said...

Very cool technique!

Patti J said...

Very cool! I do like that technique! And that little bit of bling in the center is so much fun!!! Glad that I finally got here today! Your card is wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

I knew you'd try this technique!!! Great card!

Christine Pennington said...

Pinwheels look like lots of fun! Great card!

Chelsea said...

I love it ... what a great idea!

AmethystCat said...

super card - love the technique!