Monday, July 04, 2011

America I Love


This is a NEW level A set from our NEW Inspiration catalog - I love the retro feel of this image. I didn't relize how challenging it would be for me to color - I attempted with my copics, couldn't save it!!! Then I went to my prisma pencils and OMS and had a little more control where the color was going. I did use a Atyou gold pen to add a bit of sparkle to the banner and red to dot some flowers. I cut out and distressed the edges with a pair of scissors (can't find my distresser) mounted it on some downloaded stars paper mounted on red, then used red/white bakers twine punched stars in the corner and my card base is blue. I took my cloud stencil and made soft fluffy clouds in the sky. Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy 4th Shirley. Love your card. Isn't it weird going back to pencils and OMS.

Diana said...

Lovely card my friend!!! so happy that we both made it to Seminar, such a blessing to visit with you! Happy 4th!

Love,
Diana

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Great card, Shirley! Love the stars around the edge.

Angela K said...

Great card Shirley!!

Patti J said...

Your coloring is beautiful! This is such a fun stamp set - Hmmmm.....if I had a catalog, I might even be putting a postie on him!!! lol...cya soon!

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a fabulous patriotic image! GO TAC! And I'm sure you guys are loving Nina as well. She is such a blessing. Love this one Shirley!

Unknown said...

I love this! The stars in the corners really add to the card and so does the twine. Great coloring, too!