Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blog Hop Christmas in July



With the temperature at almost 100 and heat warnings out for several states from East to West, North to South it was so much fun to think Christmas!!! And this card sure put me in the mood for some cooler weather and making my Christmas cards. This card is a Pop-up stage card that was on SCS complete with directions and I guess the directions were pretty good as my card came out pretty much like it was supposed to!! I used Jingle Jolly for all my images except Merry Christmas and my DP was Maggie. As you can see it all folds in and the card is held together with a belly band so you can mail it (may require a bit extra postage) then can be displayed standing up!! This card is already marked for my dear granddaughter. I am so anxious to see what everyone has done for this PaperWings sponsored hop - Christmas in July!! Just click on the list below and enjoy.
Rita W.
Michelle
Seleise
Laura
Chelsea
Kim S.
Mary
Angela K.
Carol N.
Betty
Rita K.
Julie
Donna

13 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh!!!! This turned out absolutely darling! Your belly band is perfect, and the 'snow' is gorgeous!!! Love your little scene, my friend! Great job - thanks for sharing...

Donna said...

Oh my gosh Shirley! That is beyond amazing. I just love it.

Wendy Zick said...

I'm gonna have to try this! Very cool!

Chelsea said...

cute .... great minds think alike!

Michelle said...

your pop up scene is awesome! It is so so cute!!

Rita said...

Shirley - a very special card - your granddaughter will absolutely love it! The detail is a fabulous and the work that went into it must have taken awhile! Great coloring too!

Unknown said...

Just adorable! Love the pop up stage. Guess I need to check out SCS more often!

Angela K said...

Love this, just wonderful!! TFS

Laurie Unger said...

Nice job on the pop up scene! Love it and the winter thoughts that it brings to mind.

Kim said...

Awesome Christmas card Shirley! Love your holiday scene and sparkly snow just too cute!

I will have to give this style a try!

AmethystCat said...

oh my gosh - this is SOOO adorable! I just love the design and the sparkly front piece is perfect! fabulous pop-up card!

Rita Kegg said...

beautiful card like always .... you do such great work!

Curt in Indy said...

I'm so glad you did a stage card! Yours turned out excellent! I love what you did with it. I'm with you, when I first saw the tutorial I was a bit skeptical too. I'm also working on a couple more of these, and one will be a winter theme too. Thanks for sharing this. . .it is super cute! Best, Curt