Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 23, 2012 Hot Rod Pick Up

Doodle Pantry HotRod Pick Up Digi image, Koh-I-Noor pencils, OMS, Spellbinders, Bakers Twine, Basic Grey DP, Spica pen, stitching with sewing machine.

I needed a card for a man in my chemo group that needed a "PICK UP" and I thought this was the perfect image from Doodle Pantry.  They always seem to have the perfect image when I am looking for just that right message or image.  I colored it with my woodless colour pencils from Koh-I-Noor which I hadn't used in a while - always fun to get out the old supplies.  Love my new dies and the stitching added just the right "antique" look. I have way too much papers so i am making a goal to use some of them up and this Basic Grey was a good match for this image.    

5 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is perfect for the monochromatic look that you used - really looks like like a vintage truck.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous stitching and colour scheme, a wonderful vintage look!

Donna said...

Awesome card. Like the special touches-circle background and stitching! Perfect "pick me up" masculine card.

aubzie said...

perfect wonderful stitching card for guys! Love your blog and I'm your new follower :)

Yours Truly,
aubzie
hope you can follow me at Aubzielation and Party Prints & Pieces
Enter to win my first giveaway of cute fabric tapes :)

Patti J said...

Love that you are sewing on your cards! What fun :) Love this - such a great card for a man! Great job with your colored pencils, too. I miss my pencils - must get them out sometime! Beautifully done! Cya tomorrow...