Tuesday, January 01, 2013

January 1, 2013 Old Ship


Doodle Pantry Old Ship Digi Image - (new release), Spellbinders nesties, copic markers, twine, AMuse cs, Amuse swallow die

January 1 and another "NEW" release from Doodle Pantry.  I choose Old Ship to work with more as a challenge to myself but also because I loved how masculine the images were and would work so well for my masculine cards that I send not only for Chemo Angels, but for hubby, son, and male friends that I need cards for.  Love the ship in a bottle - which is a "bonus" image and I have always been amazed how "they" get that ship in the bottle!!!  Loved how the polka dot and chevron papers went together for this card so well.  For the second card I used some scraps of Basic Grey that I had left - (New Years resolution is to use up my DPs before I buy more).  I got the wacky rectangle nestie for Christmas and it is so much fun to play with.  The card needed just a little something else so I used the swallow die cut in the left corner and I think it completed it quite nicely.       

12 comments:

Patti J said...

Wowzers, you have been busy! Lovin' that ship in a bottle - what fun! And masculine images are so hard to find. Great job! The second card is fun too - love the wonky rectangles...wonder why I've never gotten them? Hmmm... Happy New Year, dear friend! I hope that 2013 is off to a good start for you, Wayne, Bella, Stella, and sweet Dinah! Hugs...

Pat (mspfd) said...

Shirley, you have done a spectacular job showcasing the old ship set. Gorgeous work on both card. I hope you have a great day and a wonderful new year!

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards, great masculine image and you showcased it beautifully! Twice!! Happy New Year!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

A. Eautiful job showcasing the ship in the bottle image! I too have a goal to do more masculine cards. I need some real soon. It is nice that you are doing some cards for chemo patients. A close family mem ER has been diagnosed with with cancer and starts chemo next week . I want to send a card weekly that is manly with some fun and uplifting image and themes.

Linda Anderson said...

Two gorgeous cards Shirley!! Love the ship in a bottle image. And you aren't the only one setting a goal to use up their dp and scraps!! Happy new year to you.

Linda

Elizabeth Hart said...

I am just in awe of that ship in the bottle card - just so very fabulous!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Two wonderful cards using the ship. I especially love the one in the bottle and yes, we are all in need of a masculine card or two. These fill that role in a big way, great job!

Unknown said...

I really like these! And I agree, the ship in the bottle is really great!

Barb said...

Incredible!!! These are just great!!

Dawn Frost said...

Both cards are fantastic Shirley, love how you did the ship in the bottle!

Patti P. said...

Both of these are so pretty....I have the wonky rectangles and they are one of my faves with masculine cards.
Wonderful LO designs on both of these.
hugs....

AmethystCat said...

wow! wow! wow! LOVE both of these! super cards!!