Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 17, 2015 Just Because


Made this quick card because I loved the sketch for Sketch Saturday this week - and because my goals for February are to use my stash!!  Another stamp set by Hero Arts that had yet to see ink -  and asst. papers from paper packs that I seem to continue to add to.  I really like the way this card turned out, to add a little extra interest to the focal image I took some ink refill and water, dipped the point of my paint brush in teh mix and then flicked dots on just the focal image, I like the way it turned out.  I always need a simple just because card for a special need in chemo angels so I am sure this will be on its way this week.  Challenges:
     Sketch Saturday - follow sketch
     Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
     Simply Create Too - anything Goes

8 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful card, so bright and cheery! My favorite colors! Like how you sprinkled the ink and just the right amount of blink!

Diane said...

Love this card! I really like your interpretation of the sketch and the colors. Also like the idea of using your growing stash of papers!

Debra Miller said...

Great goal to use your stash. Great card Shirley! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs Deb

Patti J said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors that you used, and what a fun sketch! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cathy P said...

Such fun colors, Shirley. You are making me believe spring will be here again!! I'm so happy you were able to play along with us this week at Sketch Saturday. Cathy xx

Laurie Unger said...

Great colors and I like the font on that sentiment!

Inkyfingers said...

Such a pretty card Shirley and what a great way to start using up those patterned papers. I think just because cards are wonderful to receive unexpectedly so I I'm sure this will be appreciated.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.

Hugs
Carol x

Vannessa said...

Pretty card and I love those Spring coloured papers. Thanks for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
Sketch Saturday DT