Thursday, May 14, 2015

May 14, 2015 Tool Time


We have a very good friend that bought a 100+ year old home 2 years ago in the city and he has constantly got a "repair", remodel" or fix it up" project going on.  He is trying to restore the home to as much like the original as possible, his wife has done the research and then Jay is the executor.  and yes they are still married LOL.  He had a birthday recently and when I saw a card very similar to this in Card Maker Magazine I knew what card I was making him for his birthday.  I did a side step card where as the card in the magazine did a template and a cutter.  My friend Patti came over one am and when she left this card was sitting on my cabinet ready to sign and give to our friend.  Needless to say this card was the hit of his birthday party.  This is normally "outside of the box" for me but was very pleased in how it turned out.    People are asking how I did the tools, well all of the tools with the exception of the level are a die cut, the level is original handmade.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, what an awesome card Shirley. I see why it was the hit of the party! So many awesome details! The level is my favorite!

Cheryl W. said...

Wonderful card for the fix-it type male. Those little tools are so cute! Did you make them, too?

loz said...

Fantastic card Shirley. The perfect idea for a home handyman..Loz

Pam Sparks said...

I love step cards Shirley and this is exceptional! LOVE it! oh my, this couple sounds like us! only we've been here restoring for 22 years. Never ending is right!

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun masculine card for Mr. Fix it. I bet he loved it!