Thursday, August 11, 2016

August 11, 2016 - Fall Fox



 - 


My first fall card of the season - and I'm loving this darling fox by Gerda Steiner  this little guy colored up very nicely using copic markers YR14 YR27 and E08 - greens for the grass and some cracker box eyes.  Met one of my besties Donna  yesterday for breakfast and shopping at our favorite little stamp store in Kimmswick MO.  I DID NOT buy any stamps - but I did get 3 new embossing folders and this was one of them by Darcie.  I used white core paper to run it through my cuttlebug and then sanded to bring out some highlights. Had a few punched leaves - and some very pretty bg papers with fall colors.  I then cut out "hello" - three times - glued them alltogether and then glued it to the card.  I have seen other people do this but have never tried it myself.  Love this idea.  
Then I played around with a bit of staging my card - had gotten a gold S at Hobby Lobby last week - piece of wood that hubby cut for me and a lacey gold doily. Doubt if I would stage all of my cards in this fashion but was kind of fun .      Challenge:

Gerda Steiner Designs - monthly challenge
Morgans Art World - use 3 of something (leaves)
Crafting by Design - anything goes
Creative Moments - anything goes with a twist to use a circle

6 comments:

Cheryl W said...

This is such a neat card, Shirley. That little fox is super cute, and I love your pretty leaves.

Donna said...

This is stunning, that embossing folder is perfect with the Fox, like the use of the white core paper. Like that S!

Patti J said...

What a sweet card! Your folder is perfect, and I'm totally green with envy that I missed out on a fun afternoon at The Stamp Pad with you and Donna! Maybe next time :) Great job!

Pam Sparks said...

Super cute Shirley! So fun you got started on Fall! :D

loz said...

This is super CUTE Shirley. I will not be around for a few days as my computer is going for repair..Loz

Natalie said...

such a cute card! I love foxes and fall cards :)
Thanks for playing along in the Morgan's Artworld Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito