Saturday, November 26, 2016

November 26, 2016 - Autumn Cards


This is the "last" of my autumn/Thanksgiving cards before I truly get in the groove to make Christmas cards.  The first two cards were made at a recent class that I helped one of my BFF's.  We had 10 women, 1 child (who was so well behaved and talented) and 1 man.  We made 4 cards and we were hopping the entire class as only a couple of the students had ever made cards before.  But it was fun, and I truly enjoyed the ladies.  Food helps as well and they had two trays with fruit/dip and cookies.  

The last card is one I made at another class - minimal stamping, just the sentiment which is from AMuse studio (which is closing in 2 days).  The sunflower and DP came from Hobby Lobby and I love the way this turned out. This was given to another BFF along with a small token of our friendship. 

This Thanksgiving, my husband and I helped at a transitional house shelter as none of the adult kids came home this year.  We helped prepare, serve, deliver, and the all important "clean up".  1500 meals were served just on Thursday.  We are so blessed and give thanks for what we take for granted in our life.  

6 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous cards! I love them all, but especially the 2nd one. I'll bet you had a great time helping with the class. Glad you had a happy thanksgiving!

loz said...

Three gorgeous cards Shirley. My favorite is the second one..loz

Patti J said...

Once again, THANK YOU! Could never have done that one without you!!! Your cards turned out beautifully! Hope to get a post done today with my cards too. DH has decreed today is 'put up Christmas Day' on Gilliam Hill :) So much for class prep for Monday!!! Have a great weekend, and thank you!!!!

Donna said...

What a fabulous collection of cards, my favorite of course is the third one that you gave me! What fun you and Pat must of had!

Cheryl W. said...

Bless you, Shirley, for helping to feed others! You are so kind-hearted. I love all of your cards. They're beautiful and so thoughtfully made.

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous cards and I bet you did have fun with Patti!