Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017 POTW at THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT


WOW Easter was yesterday and I hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful day with family, friends, church services or however you celebrate Easter.

For my POTW  (project of the week) I choose to do a very simple, easy, and FUN project that I call embedded faux chip board.  I used Repeat Impressions stamps listed below:

                     10203-D Leaf Cluster outline
                     10205-E Flower Cluster outline
                     10206-E Flower Cluster detail
                     10207-E Flower Cluster solid

For my Supplies I used a word die, white cardstock cut at 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2 above listed stamps, Tombow multipurpose liquid glue, a piece of Draft cardstock, sequins, and inks of your choice.



Die Cut your word our of the upper center of the white cardstock as well as 5 individual die cuts out of the Kraft cardstock.



Next step is to glue all 5 DREAM die cuts together making sure they line up, using liquid glue of your choice.  


I then began stamping my images of the flower clusters and leaves randomly on the white cardstock.  I used three different colors of purples. 


Then add liquid glue to the back of your stack of 5 dreams  glued together and with the card front facing up place the stack of die cuts through the negative space on the white cardstock.  It may be just a bit snug but it will slip right into the negative space.  Looks like chipboard without the weight. 


I thought it needed some bling so I choose to add some random sequins.

Finished Card:


Enjoy and find different dies and Repeat Impressions  images that will work beautifully together.   
                 






5 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous tutorial Shirley and gorgeous card, I will have to give this a try, so many possibilities!

loz said...

Fabulous card and tutorial Shirley. I ever thought of gluing 5 cutouts together. i will have to try this..loz

Cheryl W said...

So pretty! Thanks for the great tutorial. Love this idea and have even used it myself on occasion.

Diane said...

Great job with the tutorial Shirley. I love doing the stacking together of the die cuts. It does look like chipboard. Hope you had a happy Easter.

Patti J said...

I'm sorry! Thought I had commented on this. Silly me! Your tutorial is great...so easy to read and recreate! And I LOVE your card! Thanks for the inspiration, dear friend 💖