Wednesday, April 19, 2017

April 19, 2017 -PHOTO/COLOR CHALLENGE



This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is the photo inspiration/or colors.  I went more with the colors in my inspiration with the clouds in the sky using a stencil and sponged in some green for the ground then stamped the Kite 4511-I in purple - and I added some wink of Stella in clear on the kite bows.  Kites mean spring so I choose Happy Spring 1301-F - I didn't add anything except a purple/white bakers twine bow at the top as I really thought the card and images stood alone with out much else needed.

Now it is your turn to your turn to make a card using the photo or color challenge
 as your inspiration  
You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice in the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions.  
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discount coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.

    
Now - take a look at what our design team has made to get you started.
  Cheri     Deonna      Joy     Donna   Heather  Laurie   and   Patti


8 comments:

Diane said...

Great spring card! Yay spring is on the way! Kites are a Shore sign.

Donna said...

I knew as soon as I saw this on the House blog that this one was yours because it is so cute!! What a darling scene and great take on the challenge, can't wait until the grandkids are old enough to fly kites, you've given me the bug.

Cheryl W said...

In looking at your card, I can almost feel that gentle spring breeze that keeps the kites airborne. This is such a fun card.

Laurie Unger said...

Nicely done! Darling little scene that works great with the photo inspiration!

Heather said...

A totally unique take on this challenge! But that's what these are all about; it's about what inspires YOU! Those kites look so fun flying up there in the sky. Love it!

Patti J said...

This is SO pretty! Loving all the pretty clouds, and the kites are such a fun idea! Great job on a pretty tough challenge :) Hugs...

joy said...

No better way to celebrate spring! This is a great card!

Cheri said...

I love seeing kites flying and flying kites myself. Nothing says spring to me more than kites and your card is a perfect spring card. Love your take on the inspiration, Shirley.