Monday, May 07, 2018

May 7, 2018 Pick of the Week Project.


This week I am doing Pick of the Week over at The House that Stamps Built.

I am doing an OLD technique but one that I have always enjoyed doing - Retiform design.  Below are the supplies:

Stamps of the same subject - (for mine I choose to do "sewing".  I used 3 colors of distress inks, sponge daubers for each color, layering card stock and base card stock.   and scrap paper or post-it notes, copy paper works well also,  better than a piece of card stock. 

I choose to go with green as my first color.  Mask off a section or corner of your white/layering card stock.   If you use a post it note you don't need any re-positionable glue or tape to hold it in place.  Starting at the edge sponge the first color - leaving some light or white space is fine. I did this in both corners.

Mask off the other corners with either post it note or copy paper. 


I sponged in my blue in opposite corners - again leaving some lighter spaces. 



 For the center of my project I used a tan/brown color masking off each corner as I sponged in the middle. 


Stamp your images in the sectioned colored areas.  For this step I used:
  9307-L  Dress Form   9314-E Sew Special  and 9318-B Spool of Thread

I thought the button image went well with this collage so I used:
4126-G Cute as a  in which I got the sentiment and button into two stamps.  

I had some tiny buttons which I used for embellishments and a piece of brown twine tied around the top of the card.  

Hope you give this a try soon.  There really is no right or wrong way to do technique - just let your imagination take over.   

6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a great project, Shirley! You have me wanting to try this technique!

I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where it's always "Anything Goes" as long as you use a product or two from companies they carry on the store. (You did!)
You can check it out here: http://cropstop.blogspot.com/2018/05/may-link-party-39.html

Cheryl W said...

Very cool technique! I like your choice of stamps, too. I need to give this a try sometime. Thanks for the inspiration.

Laurie Unger said...

This is such a fun technique and one I always forget about. Great job.

loz said...

So Beautiful Shirley. I hav never seen this technique before..Loz

Patti J said...

You are so clever! I totally forgot about this fun technique! Great card, thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Diane said...

Love that technique! It is so much fun. Great card and tutorial.