Wednesday, August 22, 2018

August 22, 2018, Anything Goes

This week over at The House that Stamps Built  out challenge is one of my favorites - Anything Goes. 


I LOVE folds, but I know some of my followers already know that - so I went with a double Z-fold card for this challenge.  I used 9303-P Thanks a Latte
I had some "major" at least major to me surgery the end of May.  Total right shoulder replacement so I thought I would be needing a few thank you cards - so this is one of them.  I used some DP from my stash (really old DP) but loved how it worked for this card.  Cut out the coffee cup and paper pieced the flowers on the cup.  This card stands alone for display.  A few months ago my friend Patti  and I taught a class at her church and this was one of the folds that I taught.  The girls loved making this card. 

 Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Anything Goes as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

9 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Love your double Z fold card = I have to try this. I don't know why but I never think of doing one, must be because I'm always in a rush. Awesome card.

Donna said...

Beautiful card and fold!

Esther Asbury said...

I love seeing all the fun folds you come up with, Shirley! This one has been on my "to do" list for some time, but I haven't gotten around to it yet! Love the pretty card you created in purples! So lovely!

Darnell said...

Your fold card is so pretty, Shirley! I love the color and love the paper-piecing. Gosh, I haven't done that in ages. I hope your recovery is going smoothly. Are you still going to physical therapy? That is, indeed, a MAJOR surgery and it takes a long time to be 100%. I hope it's going well! Hugs, Darnell

*Vicki* said...

Well I sure wish I lived closer to you and Patti with all the fun you guys have together! :) This would've been a fabulous class to go to for sure! Your design looks quite amazing and I really love the colors and image you've used with yours!! Hope you guys are doing well! Sending HUGS your way! :)

Heather said...

Beautiful and such a fun fold! Love all the purple and the paper piecing--it works perfectly on that mug!

loz said...

Fantastic card and fold Shirley..Loz

Cheryl W said...

Your card is so pretty! I love fancy folds, too. They just give a whole new and interesting twist to cardmaking. Purple is my favorite color, so I loved your card the minute I saw it.

Cheri said...

Double Z fold....I've never done that. This is a stunning card, Shirley. I love the stamps you chose and I sure wish I lived close to you and Patti....I'd love to take your classes!