Wednesday, February 06, 2019

February 6, 2019 Designer Choice

This week over at The House that Stamps Built is the first weekof February which means it is Designer Choice.  Our Designer this is month is Heather and she choose for us to do red or pink.  I guess I kind of used both  but really like the end result.  This Valentine will go to dear daughter as she loves tulips. I used 1317-L Vase of Tulips,which I colored the tulips as well as the vase i=with copic markers.  I had a sheet of stripped  red/pink/tan which I thought wen well with my coloring.  Base card I used a sheet of DP card stock from my stash. 

Card opened to you can see the full sheet of colors. 

This is the inside of my card - you see my card was a "card within a card" - and I used 1134-E Valentine.  I decorated the card with some punched hearts punched out of pink and then glossy accents on top.  Still have to decorate the envelope 

so I used 1218-H Heart Balloon .   Another Valentine all ready to go in the mail. 

   Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of use pink/and or red   -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

9 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Your tulips are colored beautifully, and I LOVE the striped background!! Beautiful card!

Cheri said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Shirley. Your coloring is gorgeous, you made those tulips look real. I love the card within a card idea, I've never made one like this before.

*Vicki* said...

Wow this is so gorgeous Shirley!! Love that floral image so much!! The pretty gradient color in the background is perfect and I just love the cut out window...so perfect!! Thanks for sharing!! HuGS

loz said...

Gorgeous card and design Shirley..Loz

Donna said...

This is a beauty Shirley, I like the triple fold, your coloring and using a non valentine stamp for a Valentine card! And a decorated envelope to compete it!

Heather said...

So pretty! Love that striped paper; it is the perfect background for that beautiful vase of tulips!

Cheryl W said...

Oh, wow! Your card is just beautiful. Your daughter will love it! I love it! The papers you chose go so beautifully together and provide the perfect backdrop for your lovely tulips.

Patti J said...

Your card within a card is beautiful! DD will love it! The striped paper is perfect, and looks like it was hand colored!!! Thanks for sharing, dear friend! See you soon!

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome card for this month's DCC. I love the dp and your vase of tulips looks wonderful in your card in a card!