Wednesday, June 26, 2019

June 26, 2019 - Anything Goes





This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is Anything Goes - always one of my favorite challenges.  
I choose to "try" something that I have not tried before - tunnel card - it really is quite easy - a few score line fold, and stamp.  For my focal image I used 
Holiday Lamp Post 2002-J  and Merry Christmas 1141-F.  I cut the Merry Christmas in half for a bit more flexibility in using and placement.  I had to go to my Christmas supplies to get a couple of sheets of holiday paper - and this is the FIRST Christmas card I have made for 2019.  I colored the lamp post in copics and used stickles to add some glitter snow.  When I turned my card over - oops there was the copic coloring coming through - so I used  a coordinating piece of holiday paper for the front of the card, cut out an oval in white and used the
pattern oval from the inside of my card.  The sentiment on the front of the card
is Joy to the World 428-G

 It is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Anything Goes    So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. ow it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Use a Stencil  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 
   

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti. 
ll

8 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun fold for your pretty Christmas card! I especially love the polka-dot paper you used on the front and the beautiful way you colored your lamppost!

Donna said...

This is stunning Shirley, like the front and the inside is amazing!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow, Shirley - this is wonderful. Great fun fold card - you're so good at them! Jealous!

Heather said...

Yeay!! Congrats on your first Christmas card; I'm so proud! ; ) Such a fun surprise when you open up the card and see the inside and great save on covering the copic bleed through. The front looks like it belonged like that.

Cheryl W said...

I LOVE this card, Shirley! I've been meaning to make one of these for quite a while now. I just haven't gotten to it. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Carol L said...

What a great card! I love how this folds and opens to the surprise inside! Beautiful patterns and design!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and design Shirley. I really have to try one of these. Loz

Patti J said...

You already have one Christmas card made....you are my hero! And what a gorgeous card! Don't know why we don't use this fold more often, it's such a fun fold! I love the lantern stamp on the inside! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!!