Monday, February 03, 2020

February 3, 2020 Pick of the Week

This week over at The House that Stamps Built it is my week to do Pick of the week technique.  I have a LOT of washi tape and very seldom use it despite that fact that I really enjoy using it.   I used  a heart shape die to keep in theme with Valentines Day but you can use other shapes besides hearts, like Easter Egg, circles, etc.  Are you ready?

Gather supplies including a heart punch or die cut, three or more washi tapes that complement each other and go with the theme, ink and card stock of your choice.
I die cut my medium size heart.  I laid it aside for a moment.  I applied three different designs of washi tape and applied them to my white card stock layer.

I laid my cut heart die on my white layer and marked where to start placement of the different patterns of washi tape.  I made very light pencil marks as you can see above.


I applied the washi tape to my heart tucking the ends behind the heart edge, I popped the heart up with pop dots and then using 1134-E Valentine's I stamped my sentiment in red.  Added heart gems and project done.  

This also works with more washi tape, or various width of washi tape as noted in the card below.  

For this card I used two regular width washi tape, two narrow red glitter washi tape and one narrow red gingham piece of washi tape.  I used the stamps
1201-I Be Mine.  I used the BeMine on the top and the today, tomorrow, and forever on the bottom just for a little variety.  

Go through your washi tape and have fun. 

Challenges:
      Cuttlebug Mania   Use a Heart
      Cute Card Thursday - Valentine
      Daring Cardmakers - Layer It Up

.







4 comments:

loz said...

Two fantastic cards Shirley. I Love how you used the washi tape and the hearts..Loz

*Vicki* said...

Now talk about some really cute and fun Valentine cards!! I love washi too, but never ever think to pull it out to use on my cards! Such a cute idea to line up the shape to match up with the background! Love that and really pretty heart art you've made here! Thanks for sharing all the tips! HUGS

Cheryl W said...

This is a neat idea for a card. I can see where this would work well for an Easter egg, too. I'll have to give that a try.

Deb said...

This is fabulous, love what you did with the washi tape!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
Debxx