Wednesday, February 05, 2020

February 5, 2020 Designer Choice Challenge


This first week of February as with every month it is Designer Choice Challenge over at The House that Stamps Built.  This month our designer is Donna and she chose "hearts" as her challenge theme.


One of my New Years goals is to use NBUS - translated "never before used stuff" so I used 1220-F Button Heart.  I used a "wreath builder" which I got for a Christmas giftie and made my perfect wreath of button hearts.  Talk about easy, no guess work, fun image to make...and it makes a really cute card.  I colored the button hearts with copic markers and in the center of each button I used a small button that I had in my stash.  I used a glue dot to hold them in place.  For my sentiment I decided to use a die cut of "love" in the center of the wreath.  I thought it still needed something else so I went through my dies and found a pretty lace die cut and cut a piece of pink card stock.  I used a square card for this image as the center focal piece is a 4 inch square.  I'm thinking I might just do a tutorial on how to use the wreath builder when I do my next  POTW so keep watching.

Challenges:
     Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
     Double Trouble - Again and Again (I used hearts)
     Double D. - Hearts
     Simon Says - With Love
     Dare to be Artsy - Love is in the Air


Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Designer Choice So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Designer Choice -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti.

15 comments:

Patti J said...

Look at you master that wreath builder! Go girl!!! Your card is beautiful, and someone will sure be lucky to receive it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Donna said...

Such a gorgeous card, like the lace trim and your hearts are lined up perfectly! Great take on the challenge.

Heather said...

This is adorable!! Great job using the wreath builder, your heart wreath is perfect! Love how you added the really buttons to the centers!

loz said...

Beautiful card Shirley..Loz

Cheryl W said...

I love this card! I made my own wreath builder with my Silhouette, but I haven't used it in a while. I hadn't thought about using hearts--such a great idea!. You continue to inspire me, Shirley.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how fun - a heart wreath!! I love the tiny buttons you added to their centers, and I spy my favorite lace die across the bottom! Sweet card!

Carol L said...

Loving those two-tone hearts you made into a wreath! What a fun look and great design!

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful wreath of hearts! this turned out super cute!

Darlene said...

I commend you on using NBUS to create this lovely card! (I need to follow your lead! lol) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Deb said...

Absolutely amazing card! Love the design!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week for our Challenge!
Debxx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your button hearts and they look stitched. Great idea to use your wreath builder and perfect to include your sentiment in the middle...fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and please come back and join us in future fun challenges and see what Thing 1,2 and 3 have up their sleeve.

Kathy Krug said...

Such a fun valentine. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you join us for future challenges.

Kathy
DD DT

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful heart wreath card! Love the two colors and stitched looking design! HUGS

LindaStampAndInk said...

Lovely card. I like how you used the hearts to make a wreath around "Love" and the delicate lace at the bottom. Thank you for sharing with Double Trouble challenge #49.

papercraftingprincess said...

Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble. I love that you put the sentiment in the middle of the wreath.