Monday, May 11, 2020

May 11, 2020 Project of the Week


This week  over at The House that Stamps Built it is my week to show off my POTW which is using an "old" product Ultra thick Embossing Enamel.  I'm not sure if there is an expiration on this stuff as I have had if for at least 10+ years.  So lets gather our supplies - I'll wait until you try and find your Ultra thick.

I used the following three Repeat Impressions stamps for my project.

I stamped my border on my base card in black - just for a little added interest.  

I then stamped the butterfly twice on my designer paper in black.

I stamped the butterfly image twice on white card stock and fussy cut.  



Using the Versa Mark pad I inked up the two butterflies - using the Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel I sprinkled the powder over the butterflies.  I heated with my heat gun.  Let cool - (don't touch while hot)  ask me how I know. Do this at least 2 more times - and you will get a beautiful embellishment for your card or project.  

And below is the finished card.  I glued my embellishments on with glossy accents - which is a strong glue.  I glued the embellishments over the original butterflies I stamped on my designer paper. 



Shirley

4 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful card and nice tutorial Shirley!

loz said...

I Love every element of this card Shirley. it is so beautiful..Loz

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for the detailed instructions on making those butterfly embellishments. I haven't done this kind of total coverage heat-embossing for ages--probably at least a couple of years. I need to think about how I can incorporate that into my card making more often. Thanks for the inspiration.

Patti J said...

Love, love, love this!!! I forget about UTEE! Thanks for the great tutorial, and the reminder to use my stash! Hugs..!