Wednesday, May 06, 2020

May 6, 2020 Designer Choice Spring Flowers


Another month is gone, and time for our designer choice challenge - thismonth our Rock Star is Joy and for The House that Stamps Built  challenge she choice Spring Flowers.  So many choices are available for this challenge, I had trouble deciding which one I wanted to use. 

I went with 9205-O Hydrangea.  I first embossed a "frame" for my focal image - colored the flowers with copic markers as well as the bee and used some dimensions on the wings of the bee, decided it needed just a bit of color so tied a double bow with two different shades of ribbon.  Since our theme was Spring Flowers I used 1301-F Happy Spring - but just using the word spring.  This card will be an all purpose card for me - the special requests for Chemo Angels has almost doubled - so I have been sending out cards daily.  I think this one will brighten someones day. 

  Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Designer Choice So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Designer Choice -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti.

8 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, beautifully colored and like how you framed the image with embossing!

*Vicki* said...

Hello there sweet lady! :) Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE those flowers and your pretty purple colors too!! Hope that you're doing well and happy my friend! HUGS

Heather said...

This is so beautiful!! That embossed frame is perfect!

Patti J said...

Shirley, this is lovely! That embossing folder showcases that image beautifully! I've simply got to remember to use embossing folders!!! Beautiful card, dear friend!

Esther Asbury said...

What beautiful purple flowers and I LOVE the embossed frame you used around your main image! So very beautiful!

Laurie Unger said...

What fun embossing on the outside of this gorgeous image. Beautifully colored.

Cheryl W said...

Your card is really pretty, Shirley. I love your gorgeous hydrangeas. I was once on a trip to Nicaragua with Habitat for Humanity (helping to build a house for a needy family), and behind the plot of land where we were building was a large area FILLED with blooming hydrangeas. It was like a field of blue hydrangeas. I have a picture of myself standing in their midst. It was an amazing sight!

loz said...

Beautiful card and love the embossing folder Shirley..Loz