Monday, December 06, 2021

POTW using scraps -The House that Stamps Built

 Wow - December - and I'm still working on Christmas cards.  Here at The House that Stamps Built  we have several designers that love to use up their scraps - and I am one of those designers.  So my POTW is using up some of those scraps.  Since I didn't have Christmas cards done I went with a Christmas theme so lets gather the scraps and punch.  


I even used a scrap to stamp my focal image - 2623-K Bear Banner.  This is a stamp I have had for a while and thought it would make a good Christmas stamp with the message stamped in the banner.  I stamped and colored the bear with copic markers and added some texture with a wash cloth.  



I fussy cut the bear/banner out and chose a saying that would fit in the banner portion.  I used 8810-H Snow Much Fun - I arranged my punched out scraps on my colored layer.  I used some repositionable tape to hold them in place until I got an arrangement that I thought was eye appealing.  Then I used permanent tape runner to place them permanently.   


I then popped up my Bear using pop dots, and a small bling in the small snowflake.  A few scattered snowflakes completed the card. 


While I had the punch out I found some more traditional scraps and made another card using the same Bear Banner but a different sentiment 1105-E Thinking of You


So get out some scraps and a punch or die and make a couple of cards. 






4 comments:

Lynette said...

Cute cards! What a great idea for using up scraps.

Donna said...

Darling card and great use of scraps Shirley!

Cheryl W said...

Love your idea for using scraps. It's a little trickier than using strips, but I love how it turned out. Now I wish I had that punch! (BTW - I'm still making Christmas cards, too.)

loz said...

Fantastic scrap cards Shirley...Loz