Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Hummingbird - A Touch of Ink

 I really struggle with the two step stamps from SU - that is unless I use my stamp positioner.  The two step stamping is supposed to look like a watercolor and isn't supposed to be perfect but the OCD in me wants to make it "almost" perfect to line up.  This set has four images in it and lots of fun sentiments.  I did two different techniques, one a fun fold and a stack, cut and shuffle.  My friend Cheryl  was my inspiration for this style. you cut and shuffle 4 different design papers that all coordinate.  I like this and you get at least 4 cards- all different.   


The second card is a tuck in the corner that I have made before (Pinterest) and the top right corner tucks in on the base card.  A fun card to make and again I used A Touch of Ink using a little bit more coloring on the hummingbird.  I took a sponge dauber and sponged in his light ruby belly.  Both of these cards will go out in the mail next week to a couple of chemo patients.  



5 comments:

Donna said...

These are stunning Shirley, great job on the stamping-I struggle with this also. The papers are beautiful!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and stamping Shirley. I have never heard of two step stamps..Loz

*Vicki* said...

These are both so beautifully done Shirley! The papers are gorgeous and it's nice to be able to use them all by just changing up the layout a bit! I need to remember to do this so I don't have piles of papers everywhere! LOL!! I hear ya on the lining up of images too as it just doesn't "feel right"! Beautiful cards and thanks for sharing!

Patti J said...

Pretty cards! I love the two step stamps, and you did a perfect job with both cards! Well done! Thanks for the inspiration….I still have some of that paper from your first card!

Diane said...

What a great idea to make the most of your DSP and get more cards! I love the hummingbird, I wish it would have returned this year! Beautiful cards.