Friday, November 01, 2019

November, 1 2019 Sweet Baby Congrats

One of my best friends that I have known for a really long time (well she was pregnant with the daddy of the new baby) so when I found out she was grandma this past week  and since I was having lunch with her on  Thursday I made her a congrats card.


Anyone that was an angel - a TAC angel that is, should remember this sweet little stamp - Teddy Bear Clothes Line.  I have saved it for a number of years and have used it fairly frequently.  Her new grand baby is a sweet little girl so I paper pieced the teddy clothes in pink.  Colored the teddies with copic markers and then used the copic alcohol remover on a little piece of terry cloth and dabbed it on the teddies to give them a look of fuzzy.  We had lunch yesterday and I got to see "lots" of pictures of the new baby.



This card was for great grandma - and followed through with the same  DP I had used on the other card.  She had lunch with us as well and they were both beaming.  Congrats to both of these amazing grandmothers.

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Awe! What really sweet baby cards here! Love that clothes line image so much! You're a very sweet friend to have! HUGS

Cheryl W said...

Both cards are so sweet. I'm sure both the grandmas loved being congratulated with a special card. So nice of you to make them! I've ussed that terry cloth trick with alcohol, too, and it really does give a nice texture to furry animals.

Danni said...

Very cute! I still have that stamp, it's so adorable!

loz said...

Two gorgeous cards Shirley.. Your friends will be very happy to receive these..Loz

Darnell said...

Such a happy occasion to celebrate and your cards will be cherished as mementos of the birth! I love them, Shirley!! Hugs, Darnell

Donna said...

Loved my card and my mom's, thanks for being such an amazing friend!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be, and I know that your friends loved them!!! You are so very thoughtful!