Monday, June 28, 2021

Potw - Sympathy Card - The House that Stamps Built

 Is it really June 28th???  This month has gone so quickly.  I am up for the POTW over at The House that Stamps Built today.   Unfortunately I have needed 4 sympathy cards this month. Sympathy cards are a challenge to make when you actually need them - so I made a couple of CAS up ahead so I would have them in my stash.   

I seldom do a CAS card but this one came together pretty quickly.  Supplies:


I choose three different colors of pinks in distress oxide inks.  For my stamps I used 1505-N Rose Border and 4025-F Deepest Sympathy .


Using a piece of torn copy paper to block off the bottom of the card I applied distress inks on top using a blending brush.  Oxide inks blend so nicely.  


After applying the distress inks I used my Misti stamp positioner and versafine ink to stamp the image as well as the sentiment on the cardstock.  



By using the stamp positioner if there were any light areas I could reink and go over and know that I was in the same spot.  


I decided to stamp the rose border again and cut out two of the roses to use on each side of With Deepest sympathy.  


I added a narrow layer of black and then used white for my card base.  No bling no ribbon just a CAS Sympathy card that I hope I don't have to use for a while. 

 



5 comments:

Donna said...

Very pretty sympathy card Shirley, soft and soothing.

Diane said...

Pretty cards! Simple to make and so needed.

Cheryl W said...

Your CAS sympathy card is lovely. It will definitely let someone know how much you care when the time comes for you to use it. I had to make a sympathy card today, as well. A special friend of ours (he had been my hubby's college roommate) passed away. I labored a long time over the card because I wanted it to reflect how much we care, too.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog posts. Much appreciated.

And thanks for a wonderful tutorial. I'm such a lover of pink these past few months, that I really appreciate the colours of your card.

loz said...

Beautiful CAS cards Shirley..Loz