Wednesday, September 01, 2021

The House that Stamps Built Card and Decorated Envelope

 Wow had to turn the page to another month on my calendar, only 4 months left in 2021.  This week over at The House that Stamps Built  our challenge is to make a card and a matching envelope.  Below is my card and envelope.  


I had some bright and bold DP that I really didn't know what to do with - until I came up with this one.  I stamped two flowers on matching DP and fussy cut them - popping them up on the matching flower in the DP on my card.  I then decided to go with Plate 10100 - You Series - this set has a large bold YOU and then several sentiments that you can apply with this.  I went with make me smile - again I stamped them on the backside of the bold flowers DP and I fussy cut them and popped them up with some foam tape.  This was a fun and easy card to make and the envelope is decorated with the DP on the back flap.  This card is all ready to go out on Monday to a friend who just needs a pick me up.  

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of card and envelope.   So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do  you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. using the challenge card and envelope.  
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

   Donna   Heather   Lauri  and Patti. 

8 comments:

Donna said...

This is bold and beautiful, very striking, like how you cut out the sentiments!

*Vicki* said...

The flowers are so pretty and I really love the colors on this! I don't always stamp on the envelopes, but I think it adds a really nice touch! Great job!

loz said...

Beautiful and bright card & envelope Shirley..loz

Diane said...

What a bright and colorful card! I love how you cut out the flowers and words to give it dimension. Decorating the envelope is fun too.

Patti J said...

Sheesh, I never even thought about the envelope flap! Great job, as always! I have this bold paper too, nice to see it used! Thanks for sharing your awesome card!

Cheryl W said...

So bright, bold and pretty! I used to make a lot of envelopes. That stopped when I found a source online (envelopes.com) for some really inexpensive ones. Now I only make them when I don't have the right size - which isn't too often.

Laurie Unger said...

I really like the designer paper on the back flap of the envelope, Shirley. So creative. Awesome job with this weeks challenge!

Heather said...

So bold and beautiful!! Covering the flap is a great way to decorate an envelope!