Monday, August 30, 2021

Tiger Birthday Card

 When I first saw this set  (Wild Cats) in the new SU catalog I put it on my wish list.  I knew it would make some cute boy birthday cards as well as masculine cards.  Here is the first card I made - for my great grandson who will turn 6 this Saturday.  I really like how it turned out.  


I stamped the tiger in fossilized Amber distress oxide ink - and I think it is a perfect color.  Then the stripes were stamped in black.  His face was stamped was stamped in black as well.  (There are two tigers in this set - two faces - and one set of stripe.).  I added a few extra stripes on his tail and legs.  The "have a wild birthday" is punched out with Tailored Tag and then the layer it is on was punched out with the same tag - cut in half and positioned behind the original sentiment.  I also got the Wil Cat embossing Folder but did not use it on this card.  I had some Echo Park 6 x 6 DP and thought this went so well with my card.  The tiger came with a die cut which was spot on in cutting.  I think my gret grandson (who will turn 6) will love his card.  


6 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great tiger, and that paper works perfectly as a backdrop for it. He will love it!

*Vicki* said...

That tiger is awesome and I know your grandson will love it! The papers are fantastic with it and good for you on using up some of those papers! I seem to have a huge stash of them and need to remember to pull them out!! Great inspiration!!

Cheryl W said...

I think your great grandson will be wild about this card. I know I am! Love the tiger and the paper you chose. I think you'll get lots of use out of this stamp and die set.

loz said...

Fantastic stramp and he will love this card Shirley..Loz

Diane said...

How cute! I love what you did with the cat. That DSP is so fun too.

Donna said...

Very striking masculine card Shirley. That background paper goes well with it!