Wednesday, September 29, 2021

The House that Stamps Built - CAS

 The last week in September already - the months are flying by.  I don't do CAS very well so this was truly a challenge for me over at The House that Stamps Built.  


This is about as clean and simple as they come from me.  I went with a cute stamp 4512-F Lg. Rubber Stamp and 1912-H So Many Stamps  which is so true in my case.  I have been going through "some" of my stamps and getting rid of the ones that I don't use anymore or that are retired.  

I used versafine black ink on both my stamp and sentiment - and then embossed with black embossing powder.  Really makes the stamp stand out.  I thought it still needed just a little something more so I went with a cute black/white check ribbon and tied a bow.  Card finished.  CAS!!!

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of CAS. So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do  you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. using the challenge of CAS
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Lauri  and Patti. 

11 comments:

Donna said...

Oh how true this is, can't wait for retirement and more time. Like that checked ribbon for extra interest.

Diane said...

How cute! I don't do cute and simple well either, lol! You did great with this one.

Patti J said...

You don't do CAS well? I beg to differ - this is amazing! I never thought about using the stamping stamps - you totally ROCK!!!! Great job!

Cheryl W said...

You look like a CAS pro to me! Love the card. All of the cardmakers who see this will be able to relate to that sentiment. The addition of the ribbon was the perfect touch--it changed the card to CCAS, Cute, Clean and Simple!

loz said...

Fabulous cas card Shirley and soooo true...loz

Sarn said...

That’s a fun monochrome CAS card. X

Laurie Unger said...

Shirley - this is awesome! You Nailed this challenge.

*Vicki* said...

Shirley, I absolutely LOVE that CAS card especially with that stamp! It's so perfect to send to one of your fellow crafty friends...like Patti, Donna, me....LOL!! Great job!!! P.S. I didn't know that we had a month to play along in the challenges? I thought it was ended each week...better take a look at that!

Pia S said...

I agree with that sentiment. Keeping the image uncolored and having lots of white space give this card a fresh, clean look.

Lynette said...

I think you did CAS quite well! :-) Great card, and so true.

Heather said...

Fabulous CAS card! Love the black and white, and that yummy ribbon!! Great stamp/sentiment combo as well--it's so true!