Monday, February 28, 2022

Bumblee Card Anniversary Card

 Don't you love it when you can use a stamp set/punch more than one way???  Wish I could say this was my idea but it was "case'd".


What a fun card to make using the Hello Ladybug Stamp Set from SU. Black/yellow strips, sweet vellum wings and a black gem to cover up the glue dot behind the vellum wings.  Punched out a couple of little yellow flowers to hide an oops smudge.  Black organdy glitter ribbon adds the final touch.  Have several anniversary dates coming up in the next couple of months - and I really thought this would work for an anniversary. On the inside I used a sentiment Side-by-Side.  

I need to try making more than just one style with my stamp sets - I think maybe this gave me the motivation I needed.   


8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This bee couple looks fabulous Shirley! The layout with the colors and papers are a perfect setting for them too! I think you're on the right track here my friend! I love it!

loz said...

Gorgeous card colours and bumblebees Shirley...Loz

Laurie Unger said...

This is so adorably cute! Wonderful anniversary card, Shirley!

Cheryl W said...

This is so darn cute! And I think it's perfect for an anniversary card. I also love it when I can find different uses for one tool or die set. I just wish I could come up with the ideas myself instead of having to CASE them. lol

Cheryl W said...

Just had to leave another comment after reading your comment about also being editor of your school paper. Wasn't that a fun responsibility? I just knew you were a kindred spirit, Shirley! I still love typing, too. I also still love writing and editing and have done a lot of both in my various jobs. I even edited a book for Habitat for Humanity.

Donna said...

What a bee-tuful card Shirley, great idea for an anniversary card, you could use this so many ways. There are some Repeat Impression sentiments that would go with these, let me know if you want to borrow them.

Diane said...

Beautiful!! What a great idea for the Ladybug punch. So creative.

Patti J said...

Cuteness! What a fun way to use the ladybug punch! Thanks for sharing!