Thursday, February 17, 2022

Moving On

Our next door neighbors are leaving tomorrow for their move to Tacoma WA. (we are in MO.)  Here is the card I made for them. 

Their PODs came yesterday - loading them up today and leaving tomorrow.  
They were the BEST neighbors - and saying goodbye tonight (we are having them for dinner) will be so hard.  They are our adult kids age but we just clicked.  He got a promotion and part of the promo was he had to move to WA.  She works from home so location is not a part of the equation.  
I made the card using Best Delivery from Stampin Up.  I looked up POD trucks for colors.  I cut out POD in white letters using an old Amuse alphabet die.  Mounted the letters on red, made the cab of the truck red and added some glossy accents to the windshield.  
The card was easy to make - but saying goodbye is going to be hard this evening.  
But.....we have plans to fly to Seattle in either June or September to see them.  


7 comments:

Patti J said...

OMG, this turned out so cute!!! They are going to absolutely LOVE it! Great job, as always, my friend! You totally rocked this one!

*Vicki* said...

Wow, that truck is too cute and I can see it used for MANY different things! Love your idea with the "POD" company and colors on it! Brilliant idea and I'm sure they loved it! You're a kind lady, so not surprised you always having/making friends wherever you go! ;)

loz said...

Fabulous card for the occasion Shirley. Sorry I have not been commenting but the heatwave here has made me very tired all the time...Loz

Darnell said...

I love this fun Pod design, Shirley, and I'm sure they did, too! You will miss them, but it's nice that you are planning to travel and see them in the fall and, hopefully, you will get great new neighbors! Hugs, Darnell

Donna said...

Fabulous card for your wonderful neighbors, so sorry you have to say goodbye today.

Cheryl W said...

I'm sorry your "best" neighbors are leaving, but you've made them a wonderful card by which to remember you. I'm certain they'll cherish it and all the memories they have of living next door.

Diane said...

How cute!!! I love how you used the truck.