Friday, April 08, 2011

Easter Basket Hop


There is an Easter Basket Hop this weekend over at The Angel Company . I just got my first Big Spellbinders dies and a Grand Caliber so this is my first project using the big dies. I have the scallop circles and I cut my basket using pink cs, I colored my image from I Love Easter with water color crayons. I was cleaning out some "stuff" and ran across some water color paper so I stamped my image on the watercolor paper. It has been a long time since I used the water color crayons and I forgot how much fun coloring with them was. I mounted my colored image on a scallop fancy circle cut from More Mimi paper. On the handle I tied a bow (the ribbon is from a gift my friend Pat gave me this week), it went perfect with the More Mimi. I used an oval pink gem from the Pink Gem collection D310 - they reminded me of Easter eggs. I put three chocolate bunnies in the basket and I think it turned out pretty cute. Fun project for my new big dies.

12 comments:

Patti J said...

Okay, can you see the green? I mean, seriously - how cool is this???? I'm thinkin' that perhaps I must go find a Grand Calibur and some big dies! Maybe you can be my partner in crime? What a darling basket!!! And the More Mimi and bow go together perfectly! Great job with the watercolor crayons too! Hugs!

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I still have my old Wizard so the large dies won't fit...bummer.

Sandy said...

Cute

Danni said...

This is adorable!

Chelsea said...

Love that you added chocolate bunnies to this! Cute cute basket!

StampingbugKerry said...

Love the GC die used to create this basket!!! Don't you just love that awesome machine? I do! Your basket reminds me so much of a little May day basket I used to make with my Grandma. SO FUN!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

that is a lovely basket, Shirley. So pastel and Easter, filled with goodies.

Chris said...

Very cute basket idea! Love your pink coloring of the basket too...nice!

Holly said...

Cute! Love the scallop fancy circle!

Teresa Jenkins said...

So cute! love the colors and all the scallops!

Julie Robinson said...

How FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and congrats on winning the Blog Candy!

Peggie said...

How cute is that. Congrats on winning the blog candy.