Monday, November 27, 2017

November 27 2017 - Use your Dies


This week it is my turn over at The House that Stamps Built to do the project of the week.  Since I am in the swing of Christmas I decided to go with a Christmas card and a technique I choose to call Use your Dies.  Below you will see a picture of my supplies.


I went through my Christmas dies (the only ones I really have any organizational skills at all), and choose an ornament die from a set of 4 unbranded dies.  I went with the one that would fit my image


I place the die where I wanted my focal image to go and used some washi tape to secure it.  

I kept both the negative and positive images as you will see in a bit what I did with the other image.  


Using my sponge dobbers I started with my darkest shade of  blue ink, just going around the outer edge of the die cut, I then used the medium shade of blue and sponged in a bit farther and finally the lightest shade of blue went as far into the center as I wanted to shade.  


Using the Angel 905-L  6523-D Let Heaven and Earth and Let Heaven 413-H   I stamped the focal image inside the shaded ornament in my dark blue ink as well as the sentiment Heaven and Earth partial in/partial out the shaded ornament.  



I colored the trim on her dress in blue spectrum glittermarker, and her wings in a clear Wink of Stella.  I added some sequin trim and a twine bow at the top.


I used the positive image of the ornament for the inside of my card - shading it again with the three shades of blue and stamping my sentiment inside.  I really like the way this turned out - clean and simple one layer card  I am going to go through my dies and see what else I can use this same technique.  Give it a try.  

5 comments:

Patti J said...

I'm glad you chose this die, as I have some Spellbinders like this one! Can't wait to give it a try. What a beautiful one layer card, my friend. Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Shirley and great tutorial, your shading is fabulous!

Cheryl W said...

Your card is just beautiful! What a great way to use a die. Now I need to go take a look at my dies to see what I might be able to do with them. I'm still in Christmas card making mode, so I love gathering good ideas like this one that don't take too many complicated supplies.

Cheri said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous technique! I'm going to give this a try with some of my shapes dies. Thanks so much for sharing this!

loz said...

Such a Stunning card Shirley..Loz