Wednesday, November 08, 2017

November 8, 2017 Thanks


This week over at The House that Stamps Built  our challenge is theTic-Tac-Toe challenge and this is one of my favorite challenges. I chose to go with leaves, stitching (faux) with die cut, and sponging.  
My daughters was diagnosed with throat cancer about 3 weeks ago - he is undergoing daily radiation and weekly chemo and so far besides the brutal treatments he is doing ok.  Sometimes the cure is as bad or worse than the disease.
They have had an outpouring of love from their church, neighbors, and friends providing meals, gifts, cards, and prayers.  My daughter asked me to make her some thank you cards that she could send out so I decided to use a fall theme and fall colors.   I used Falling Leaves 3306-I and for the Thanks -  Plate 10000 which has a great selection of words to go with thanks. I choose to use Thanks for your kindness.  Using my Misti I was able to mass produce several of this card.  
We are going to go see her next weekend so I will take them with me along with a couple of books of stamps.  

Now it is your turn to your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Tic Tac Toe  - as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You know have a full month to enter our challenges to win.
You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice in the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discount coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now - take a look at what our design team has made to get you started.
  Cheri     Deonna      Joy     Donna   Heather  Laurie   and   Patti

9 comments:

Donna said...

What a fabulous card Shirley, like how the "thanks" is large and the leaves are framed and smaller. Great design!

Patti J said...

What an awesome card - I love that you used the falling leaves this way! You always inspire me to step outside my box - thanks for sharing!!!

Cheryl W said...

Your card is lovely, Shirley. I love the warm autumn colors - they go well with the "thanks" theme. I do hope your SIL sees a positive outcome from all his treatments. It must be so difficult for him and your daughter, and I will keep them in my prayers.

loz said...

Fabulous card and colours Shirley..loz

Diane said...

Great card Shirley. I am still praying for your family. It is awesome that you can provide these cards for your daughter at this special time.

Heather said...

So pretty! Love how you did the multi-colored sentiment; so fun!

Cheri said...

How creative is that center layer!!! What a fabulous way to use a small panel like that...I've had times when I'll have a small panel and I can't make it work on a larger layer...but you sure knocked that problem out of the park.

Laurie Unger said...

Great job on the TTT challenge. Love the colors. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter for her husbands health!

Laurie Unger said...

Great job on the TTT challenge. Love the colors. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter for her husbands health!