Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 24, 2018 - Anything Goes




What a way to start the year with over at The House That Stamps Built.  My Anything Goes selection was a New Years Card.  I made a few New Years cards and sent them out to just a few people like my chemo buddies.

Who doesn't celebrate with a little bubbly to ring in the New Year, and I used the following stamps 3811-H Champagne Bottle and 3804-I Happy New Year.  I just love the cork popping out of the champagne. I had a pad of paper with beautiful 6 x 6 papers that were a delight - rich looking and was perfect for this card.  I embossed the bottle as well as the words in gold embossing powder.  Hoping you all had a great New Years.

  Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of Anything Goes - as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther

10 comments:

Diane said...

Cute card! I love the black and gold, elegant yet fun. Great job with the embossing, and I love that paper.

Donna said...

Fabulous card Shirley! So bright and cheery for the New Year, like the ombre effect on your background die.

Esther Asbury said...

Love the black and gold color scheme -- especially that pretty gold "lattice look" behind your main image! So cool!

loz said...

Very beautiful and elegant card Shirley..loz

Laurie Unger said...

Wowza - nice card Shirley! so elegant.

Heather said...

Beautiful! The black and gold color scheme is so elegant.

Darnell said...

I love your Happy New Year card in classic black and gold, Shirley! It just screams celebration and I swear I can taste that bubbly on my tongue! (Pretty bad for early in the morning, lol!) Hugs, Darnell

Cheryl W said...

If I remember right, I think I may have had a glass of wine to bring in the new year. But some bubbly would have been much more elegant--like your card! It's gorgeous, Shirley. I love the gold and black together.

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, dear friend! Thanks for sharing!!!

Cheri said...

This is stunning Shirley! I love, love, love the details you got on this card and how you used that stamp is brilliant!