Wednesday, April 03, 2019

April 3, 2019 Use a Stencil

Can't believe it is April  already - and I feel spring - birds are singing in the morning, trees are budding, and temps are warmer.
This month, over at The House That Stamps Built  our Rock Star Laurie chose "use a stencil" as her designer choice challenge. I have "lots" of stencils and seldom use them - but I am pleased with the way this one turned out.  I had a butterfly stencil so I decided to sponge each butter a different "spring" color - this was my second attempt as I wasn't quite careful enough and sponged some of my color on the edge of the other butterflies, so second time is a charm.  I kept my card simple and only used a sentiment - which I embossed in black so it would stand out against the butterflies.  The sentiment I choose to use is:
6112-J What do we live  as I think we need more kindness in our life.  

 Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Use a Stencil  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

8 comments:

Donna said...

How stunning Shirley! I like all the bright colored butterflies, and the little flowers, nice sentiment too!

Esther Asbury said...

What a happy spring card! Love your bright and cheerful butterflies and that sentiment is perfect!

*Vicki* said...

This is such a happy and beautiful card! I really love the different colored butterflies too! Sometimes I tend to sponge where not intended if I don't pay attention! Sometimes, I blend it in anyway like I meant to do it too!! LOL!! I think it's pretty and I sure love that sentiment!! HUGS

loz said...

Gorgeous card and butterfly stencilling Shirley..loz

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! Would never have thought the butterflies were stenciled! Love the colors!

Cheryl W said...

I love that quote you used, and you're right--we need more kindness in this world. Your butterflies are beautiful. If I can remember to do so, I'll look through my stencils tomorrow and see if any of them might work for this challenge. I've also got to volunteer tomorrow and we're heading out of town on Friday, so don't be afraid to remind me in the coming weeks about this challenge.

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun card - love all the brightly colored butterflies. I had not seen that sentiment before - on my list to get now. Great job with the challenge!

Patti J said...

What a great card - it's beautiful, my friend!!!