Monday, April 08, 2019

April 8, 2019 The House that Stamps Built POTW

This week I am the designer for our POTW (project of the week) over at The House that Stamps Built.  I choose to work with Postoids - well what are postoids - they are a faux stamp - little but fun to work with in several ways.

Cute yes - will it get my letter to Wendy NO - one of us is going to have to pay postage, and more than likely it will be returned to me.  I used the stamp postiod
4901-E Snail Mail Post

So lets gather some supplies - card stock stamps, ink, envelopes, a pair of postage style scissors (is you have them) and color medium of your choice.



My first example is a card using the same snail mail image I used above 
4901-E Snail Mail.  After stamping the image I used a stitched die cut to frame it out.  Colored with copic markers and used on my card with some flower paper, twine and a little pink heart.  If you look closely you can see the tiny elements I used on the snail "ears" or feelers.  which I think just adds the perfect amount of bling.  

For this example I used it on the back of my card as a "stamped by" and personalizing it with my hand written initials and the year.  

Next up I used 7101-F Birthday Post on the outside of my envelope  to wish the recipient a Happy Birthday before the envelope is ever opened.  I put it in the left hand corner of my envelope and then colored it with colored pencils.

For my final project/card I used one of my favorite postoids - (I'm a dog lover)
8105-F Tail Mail and 8103-C Woof stamping three images, cutting around them with my postage scissors.  I colored each dog a different color using copic markers.  A bit of ribbon trim a sentiment and 2 little hearts and card complete.

Hope you have enjoyed my projects - I have several more postoids in my collection - and I bet you  have some or will put a few of these on your next order.

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Love these little cuties! They are so much fun. Great POTW, dear friend!!!

Cheryl W said...

Super cute projects! I especially love those little dog postoids. I have one stamp like these and also a very small embossing folder that embosses a postoid. I use it sometimes and cut it out to put on the envelope when I'm hand-delivering a card. Thanks for all the inspiration!

loz said...

They are all fantasic Shirley. I have never heard of postoids..My favourite is of course the last one, Tail Mail..Loz

*Vicki* said...

These postage stamps are SO SO CUTE! Love all of the creative ways in which you've used them too!! Thanks for sharing your projects!! HUGS