Wednesday, August 19, 2020

August 19, 2020 Inspiration Photo Challenge

This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is the below photo inspiration:


I choose to follow the shell inspiration:


I recently ordered the two shells  and sentiment that I used in the above card:
     4109-H Sand Dollar and 2410-I Conch and for the sentiment 2407-G Life is a Beach . I used 3415-I Adirondack Chair .

I used a frame mask for my shading on the inside using distress oxide inks, I masked the chair in the left corner while I was doing the ink blending.  I then stamped and fussy cut the two shells and popped them up on the two right hand corners - upper and lower.  I then stamped the sentiment in the top of the shaded rectangle.  I stamped the Conch shell on the outside of a light purple envelope.
I am super pleased with how this turned out.

   Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of hoto Inspiration So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Photo Inspiration, you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Pat 


8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful card design Shirley! Love the blended colors on your masked panel and your wonderful beach sentiment to go with your images!! Nicely done!! :)

Donna said...

Great take on the sketch challenge with this beautiful scene!

Laurie Unger said...

Shirley - awesome take on this weeks challenge - this one was really tough for me. made two cards because I didn't like the first - still not happy with the second. Yours really shines!

Cheryl W said...

I just LOVE cards that have smooth ink blending on them, and yours definitely does. Your card is awesome and the color palette is so pretty. Nice job!

loz said...

Beautiful take on the challenge Shirley..Loz

Heather said...

So pretty!! The masked background is fabulous!

Esther Asbury said...

What a great way to incorporate both the photo and the colors into your card! Looks relaxing and lovely!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hi Shirley. So pretty! I lpve blue and purple together. Hope you are doing well. I took a break from crafting and while I was off work for about 6 weeks because of the virus I started crafting again and started a YouTube channel. This resulted in Kim Sears and I reconnecting and it got me wondering how some of the other TAC consultants were doing. We swapped 3 x 5 art cards and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in doing it? Would love to hear how you are doing. Melisa Waldorf
paperlicious.designs2@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt3DjsQ8mdsV5K77iT-injw?view_as=subscriber