Wednesday, August 26, 2020

August 26, 2020 Anything Goes

This is the final week in August - where oh where has the summer gone??  Our challenge this is week is Anything Goes.


I woke up one morning and as I took my doggies out I looked around at the beautiful woods we live in and I saw so many shades of green leaves.  We normally use leaves in autumn cards but I choose to use the leaves for a late summer card in various shades of green.

I used the Hello Cling set and Oak Leaf 3313-E .  I stamped a row of 5 oak leaves in 5 different shades of green - and then for my sentiment I used the
Hello and there from the hello cling set.  I think it made a very pretty late summer card - and it is already in the mail to a chemo patient who was in need of some extra encouragement.  I used some green DP and light green cardstock and still thought it needed just a little something more.  So I used this darling
1326-A Lady Bug, stamped in red and fussy cut, popped up on some tiny pop dots.  Added just a hint of fun to the card.  Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Anything Goes So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Anything Goes -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti.

9 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like those summer leaves, the sentiment and the cute ladybug! I need to get her.

loz said...

Beautiful card and colours Shirley..Loz

Cheryl W said...

This will be a fun card to receive and a nice reminder that summer isn't over quite yet! It was such a great idea to use five different colors of green for your leaves. It seems a little crazy that summer is nearly over. I feel like it has been a "lost summer" since we stayed at home so much.

*Vicki* said...

I bet it is wonderful to be able to look out into the woods near your home! The ombre of green leaves is perfectly laid out on your design here Shirley! Love that wee little bug popping in to say hello too! :)

Heather said...

Cute!! I love how you added the little ladybug; such a fun touch!

Laurie Unger said...

Love a little ladybug! Wonderful colors of green on this beauty!

Carol L said...

The leaves look so pretty and serene and that ladybug makes everything in nature work together in perfect harmony! Such a pretty card!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I love the idea of different shades of greens for your leaves! What a fun card! I've enjoyed being on the Repeat Impressions team with you -- and I plan to check in from time to time! Take Care!!

Darnell said...

Indeed, where HAS summer gone? Where has the whole year gone? Man, I need to get going on my Christmas cards ... eeks! I'm a huge fan of leaves and trees and agree with you that the number of shades of green on tree leaves in the summer time is amazing. I love that you made a design to celebrate that! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell