Wednesday, November 18, 2020

November 18, 2020 Inspiration Challenge

 This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is photo inspiration:



and here is my "creation" for this inspiration.
Add caption


 
Simple card - and I tried a new technique that I saw by Gina K - in which she embossed a leaf from nature.  I found a nice oak leaf from our yard (we have a LOT of oak trees) and using versamark on the leaf and then embossing in cooper I think it turned out pretty nice.  For my sentiment I used 415-H It is not how much 

 Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Photo Inspiration So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps  but if you do will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps.  

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and Pat 


9 comments:

Donna said...

Stunning card Shirley, the leaf is amazing and I added this sentiment to my wish list!

loz said...

Beautiful card and sentiment Shirley..loz

Patti J said...

This is stunning - LOVE how it turned out!!! You're getting to be a professional leaf embosser!!! Great idea, and wonderful, gorgeous card! Way to go, bestie!

Heather said...

I think it turned out amazing!! Until I read your description, I was wondering how I missed this "stamp" on the website. Now I know!

Cheryl W said...

I saw that video tutorial on Gina K's website, too. I thought it was an intriguing idea to heat-emboss with a real leaf. I LOVE how yours turned out. I think it looks even better than Gina K's!

*Vicki* said...

Wow Shirley! This really turned out amazing! I can say that I have never tried doing this! I've seen people do this and it looks amazing...you've done a brilliant job with yours here! I love it and that sentiment too!! Thanks for inspiring!

Laurie Unger said...

Wowza! that leaf is wonderful and so big! Love that it's really from nature. I'm going to have to try this technique - but I'll have to hunt for a leaf - no tree's in my yard are big enough yet. LOL.

Vicky Hayes said...

Your leaf has turned out beautifully Shirley and I bet it really shimmers in real life too. How true is that sentiment! Vicky x

Carol L said...

This is just fabulous and I love that you used a real leaf to create the card! Very creative and perfect for this time of the year!